Yoghurt Cake Recipe (Easy)
This cake recipe uses a cup of yoghurt after which you will use this cup for most of the other measurements.
Preheat the oven to 170°.
In a large bowl, mix the following ingredients together:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of yoghurt (Vanilla, Natural, Lemon,…)
From now on, use this yoghurt cup for the other measurements.
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar (white)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- preferably extra virgin olive oil
- you can mix it with sunflower oil to reduce the olive flavor
- 1 theespoon of baking powder
- Use more if you have a tall cake pan
- Don’t wait too long before putting the mix in the oven after adding the baking powder
If you want a different kind of cake, you can add either or all of the following:
- Cholocate chips
- Chocolate powder, for a true chocolate cake
- Pistachio or Almond nuts on top of the cake
Put the cake in the oven for about 45 minutes and check if the cake is done by inserting a clean knife in the middle. The cake is done if the knife comes out clean.